Rubber Dance meets StarTrish Design - Part II


Hi there! It's Bibi popping in today to show you some more artwork where Trish Latimer and I have combined our stamps (if you missed the first post, you can find it here). The photos below have been posted on Facebook and Trish's blog, but knowing you're not all on FB or following her blog, I wanted to show them here as well.



WordGilr #3 from StarTrish Design, Textured Flowers from Rubber Dance.

I stamped the WordGirl and big flowers on old book pages, added watercolouring using Inktense pencils, cut them out and adhered to the background with decoupage glue. I painted some shadows on one side of the images to make them pop a bit from the background. Fun fact: I didn't pay any attention to what the text on the old book pages said, but some of the words that I can see on the girl's face are "freedom", "flirt" and "real feelings". - I guess her big dreams are of the romantic nature! ♥

Trish has a series of videio tutorials where she teaches how to make her 'simple smeared paint backgrounds'. Check them out here. That's what I did, and my background on the card above is very much inspired by Trish's technique .... except I was impatient and didn't want to watch paint dry, so I used soft pastels instead. Not quite the same, but it worked :)


Here are two gorgeous makes that Trish has created:



Trish's WordGirl # 2 and Textured Flowers - check out that butterfly, made with four stamped leaves from Textured Flowers! How clever is that? Love it! All the stamps on Trish's yummy background are also from Textured Flowers.


And last, but certainly not least - this fun and lovely decoration by Trish, using one of the newest additions to her line of stamps. I thought this dancing girl was so irresitable, I ordered it right away! :-D



Whimsygirl #3 is dancing through the daisies from Textured Flowers. You'll find the daisies in four different sizes and Trish has used all four here (largest one twice).


Image reduced. The flowers with stems stamps are 11 cm tall!
Notice the circles and swirls in the middle there? Both Trish and I have used them on our backgrounds:

 


Thanks for stampin' by today!

 Love,
Bibi




Stamps used:
Textured Flowers from Rubber Dance
WordGirls and Whimsygirl from StarTrish Design

Comments

Mac Mable said…
Love the stamps and how they play so nicely together. Fun colours and layouts x
Craftyfield said…
I think these stamps to go well together and the painty backgrounds are just beautiful! Love the décor piece too...
ionabunny said…
Beautiful bright colours. Love the fun girls with the happy flowers. They go very well together. Hugz
Dora said…
Beautiful!!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, darlings! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Join our Combined Blog Hop!

Back from The Netherlands